- 2 jars of Old El Paso™ Original Thick ‘n’ Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 packet of Old El Paso™ Spice Mix for Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas
- 8 juicy chicken drumsticks
- 8 succulent chicken wings
- 3 tbsp of soft brown sugar
- 1 tangy lime (grated zest and juice)
- Fire up the oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, lime zest and juice, the smoky Spice Mix and the Thick ‘n’ Chunky Mild Salsa.
- Throw in the juicy chicken wings and drumsticks and coat them in the sweet and smoky salsa. If you have the time, leave them to marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours to help the flavours really infuse the chicken.
- Put the chicken into a large roasting tin and get in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes, occasionally turning and basting with the salsa, until it’s golden, sticky and thoroughly cooked.
- There’s no need for cutlery, wings are the ultimate finger food in El Paso, so pile up some napkins and let everyone dig in.