- 55 g unsalted butter
- 150 ml water
- 70 g plain flour sifted
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 tbsp Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajitas Spice Mix
- 70 g grated cheese gruyere, cheddar or comte
- Place butter and 150ml of water and bring to a simmer
- When the butter has melted quickly add the flour and stir over the heat until it forms a thick paste.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Set oven to 190C.
- Add one egg to the paste and stir fully until combined. Repeat with the second egg.
- Add the grated cheese and the Old El Paso Spice Mix for Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas and beat in.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and scope out the mix to form 6 large piles. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown and risen. Undercooked Gougeres will deflate on cooling.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into rough quarters and serve with Old El Paso Chunky Guacamole and Old El Paso Cool Soured Cream Topping as dips.