- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N’ Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 450 g pork shoulder roasting joint
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 lettuce
- 125 g grated cheese
- 1 Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños
- Lightly grease slow cooker with cooking spray and trim pork shoulder of any excess fat. Then carefully mix the oil with the seasoning mix, and brush all over the meat. Pour your chicken stock over the meat and then cook on high heat for 4-5 hours, or low heat for 8 to 9 hours, or until pork is tender and cooked throughout.
Slow Cook Your Pork
- Shred your lettuce and place into a bowl ready for serving, along with your jalapenos and grated cheese.
Prepare your Toppings
- Remove your pork from the slow cooker and place onto a wooden board or plate. Next, take 2 forks and gently start to pull the pork apart. Repeat until all the pork has been pulled. For extra flavour, you can pour some of the excess meat juices back over the shredded pork and combine together.
Shred Your Pork
- Take the tortillas out of their packaging – it is important not to oven heat or microwave the soft tortilla shells in the plastic packaging. To heat in the microwave, put them on a microwaveable plate, on full power, for 30 seconds. To oven heat, pre-heat the over to 165⁰C (same for fan assisted ovens) / gas mark 3 and wrap the tortilla shells in foil before placing on a baking tray in the oven for 7-9 minutes.
Warm It Up
- Fill your Stand ‘N’ Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas with your slow cook pork filling and top with your freshly shredded lettuce, grated cheese and jalapeños!