- 500 g chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 1 jar of Old El Paso Mild™ or Hot Salsa™ depending on preference
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tin black beans, drained
- 1 small butternut squash approx. 400 g
- 1 large avocado to serve
- Deseed, peel and chop the butternut squash into bite size cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a large pan or slow cooker and mix well.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-5 hours.
- If using a pan, cook over a low heat for 2-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving remove the chicken breasts or thighs and shred with two forks. Mix back into the chilli.
- Serve simply topped with slices of avocado, or with added rice.