- 750g boneless pork shoulder joint
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 250ml pineapple juice
- 250ml water
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 pack (250g) microwave long grain white rice, heated to pack instructions
- 1 tin Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Rub 1 1/2 tablespoon of the seasoning mix over the pork joint. Heat the oil in a medium heavy based casserole dish or ovenproof pan over a medium heat and add the pork. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning so each side is browned. Remove and discard the string.
- Add the pineapple juice and water to the pan with the remaining seasoning mix, bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer, cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours until the pork is tender and falling apart.
- Drain the liquid from the pork reserving 50ml. Shred the pork, using 2 forks and stir together with the reserved liquid.
- Stir the rice, beans and most of the coriander together in a medium bowl. Mix the red onion, lime juice and salt together in a small bowl. Allow them to stand for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Fill the soft tortillas with the rice, pulled pork, sliced pineapple, pickled red onions and garnish with the remaining coriander.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the top for a citrusy kick.
- Serve alongside a salad of lettuce leaves, tomatoes and cucumber.