- 30g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Old El Paso™ Large Flour Tortillas
- 25g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 320g mincemeat
- 75g marzipan, coarsely grated
- 1 x 460ml tub Häagen-Dazs™ Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together on a large plate.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter then cut each tortilla into quarters. Dip one side of each quarter in the cinnamon sugar to coat then press, sugared-side up, into one hole of a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until the tortilla edges are just turning golden. Remove the muffin tray from the oven. Divide the mincemeat (1 tablespoon each) between the semi-baked tortilla cups then divide the marzpain over the top of the mincemeat. Sprinkle over any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for a further 4-6 minutes until the mincemeat is bubbling and the tortillas cups are crisp and golden brown.
- Leave in the muffin tray for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold topped with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream. Store in an airtight container and eat within 2 days.
Instead of the marzipan you could sprinkle over some chopped nuts or crumbled amaretti biscuits for extra crunch.
If the tortillas have puffed up a little after the first few minutes baking push them back down with the back of a teaspoon before adding the mincemeat.