- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium courgettes
- 12 small chestnut mushrooms
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ Spice Mix for Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Fajitas
- 1 tbsp concentrated tomato puree
- 8 tbsp olive oil
For the skewers
For the marinade
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least half an hour before use.
- Mix up the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the block of halloumi into 12 equal pieces.
- Cut each of the peppers into 12 large pieces, and slice each courgette into six thick rings. Clean and trim the mushrooms.
- Thread the vegetables and halloumi onto the skewers: you should have enough space for two of each ingredient on each skewer.
- Baste the skewers liberally with the fajita spice marinade.
- Cook over a hot BBQ for 5-10 minutes, turning regularly, until the vegetables are cooked and beginning to char. Dab on extra marinade during cooking, as required (if you start to run out, you can add more oil).
- Serve with corn tortillas and a generous scoop of salsa on the side.