- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 x 340g jar Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso ™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 2 chicken leg portions, skinned
- 1 x 425g tin Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 198g Green Giant™ Sweet Corn, drained
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™, roughly broken
- Cheddar and Red Leicester cheeses, finely grated
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Mix the chicken stock, enchilada sauce and jalapeños in a slow cooker pot. Add the chicken portions and spoon some of the liquid over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours until the chicken meat is falling off the bone.
- Remove the chicken portions from the cooker with a slotted spoon. Shred the chicken meat from the bones (discard the bones). Return the chicken to the pot with the beans and sweetcorn. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes until the beans and sweetcorn are piping hot.
- Serve the soup in warmed shallow bowls topped with broken Nachips™, grated cheese and fresh chopped coriander.
Replace the chicken leg portions with 4 skinless chicken thigh portions for a cheaper dish.
Fresh chicken stock has the best flavour but you can replace with 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 500ml boiling water.