- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Chili
- 1 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 425g tin Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 198g tin Green Giant™ Sweet Corn
- 175g leftover cooked carrots, chopped
- 150g leftover roast parsnips, chopped
- 200g leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 6 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- Few fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the leek and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the seasoning mix, tomatoes and 900ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, sweet corn, carrots, parsnips and turkey and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve ladled into warmed bowls topped with a spoonful of soured cream and garnished with coriander leaves, if liked.
Add any leftover veggies you like to this soup – diced roast potatoes or shredded cooked sprouts will work just as well as the carrots and parsnips.
Add 1 tablespoon drained and chopped Old El Paso™ Red or Green Jalapeños to the soup for the last 5 minutes of cooking for a bit of extra heat!