Here are a few of our favourite bits and pieces to keep in the cupboard, ready to transform budget meals into family favourites.
• A spoonful of salsa goes a long way when it comes to making a sandwich, burger or wrap a bit more exciting. Choose a bottle or jar that will stay fresh in the fridge long enough to cover several meals.
• Stock your spice rack for a quick fix. Chilli flakes, paprika and garlic powder are wonderfully versatile and our seasoning mixes are ideal when you’re looking for a one-stop solution for chilli, fajitas and much more.
• Soy sauce isn’t only great in Asian-inspired dishes, it’s also a handy all-rounder for adding a burst of salt and flavour when cooking veggies or meat.
• Let your veggies be at their best with the help of some fresh herbs. Coriander is a particularly versatile option, as is parsley and basil, while mint is handy for both sweet and savoury dishes.
• There are a few fresh garnishes and additions that are relatively cheap to buy but pack a punch. Some favourites are sliced spring onions for crunch and lime juice to add some zing to your meal.
From budget family meals to easy recipes for one, we’ve pulled together our top meals ideas that help you save money in the kitchen.